Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Two-fer!

Tonight's plans were dinner and a movie with the kids, but we've been snowed in.  Not that there's so much snow (maybe 2 inches), but the streets haven't been plowed.  Normally, a few inches of snow wouldn't bother me, but I'm not comfortable with the driving habits of the locals and it seems wiser to stay in this evening than tempt a slushy accident.

So what, you ask?  Here's what -

Two recipes in one day!

And this second is yummy and easy, much like most of what I make around here.  I found the recipe for No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies at Morgan Moore's fun blog.  I made them while making organic mac n cheese for the boys, and husband was doctoring a frozen cheese pizza with red bell pepper, pepperoni, and mushrooms.
Mmmm.  Fudgy.  Get the recipe from Morgan's blog!
Cook's notes:

  • I think I'll use less sugar next time.  2 cups seems like a lot, and 1/2 cup less shouldn't be too noticeable.
  • It took two tries to get 'noticeable' spelled right.
  • These cookies are a little 'loose'.  Maybe it's because they are cooled and not chilled.  I think I'll try subbing corn syrup for sugar next time.  It made the cheerio snacks nice and firm, but I need to research equivalent ratios of white sugar to corn syrup.  Oh no, math....
  • Once I get the recipe where I like it, I'll post it.

Oh - I'd better hurry before I miss Thelma unveiling the bad guy!

Scooby Dooby Doo!
Mary






No comments:

Post a Comment